Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Creamed Spinach

Tonight I am posting my Creamed Spinach recipe. The other day, I was looking for it out there on the internet and I couldn’t find it. Thankfully, I was able to find this one that I had and have used many times in my old burned cookbook. This is very similar to Boston Market’s Creamed Spinach, which I love, but there are not any Boston Markets here in Arkansas. L So here you go, enjoy!
Creamed Spinach
Sauce
3 Tbsps. butter
4 Tbsps. flour
1 ¼ tsp. salt
1 c. whole milk
Spinach
2 Tbsps. butter
2 Tbsps. minced  onion
¼ c. white wine
20 oz. frozen spinach, chopped
½ c. sour cream
¼ c. parmesan cheese

Over med-low heat, melt butter in a small sauce pan. Stir in flour and salt until creamed together. Stir in milk a little at a time. Increase heat to medium and stir constantly until mixture becomes thick and smooth. Remove from heat and set aside.
Place butter in a 2 quart saucepan and melt over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until they are transparent. Add the spinach and wine to the pan; lower heat and cover. Cook spinach until it is almost done; add the white sauce, sour cream, and parmesan. Stir well and simmer until completely blended.

No comments:

Post a Comment